What is the best strategy for selling your home without a realtor? That’s the question everyone asks. The answer is, it depends on your goals.
Do you want to sell as quickly as possible? Are you doing a “for sale by owner” (FSBO) to avoid commissions? Do you already have someone lined up to buy your home? These are all things you should take into account as you’re getting ready to put your house on the market without enlisting the help of a realtor. Keep reading to learn the best FSBO strategies.
Sell Your Home Without a Realtor
Here are the steps you can take to sell your home the traditional way without a realtor:
- Set a Price – When you’re selling your home, you need to find that sweet spot between pricing your house too high and low. Do some housing market research and learn what places near you are worth it. You may even want a real estate appraisal agent to help you name a price.
- Prepare Your House for Showings – Whether you choose to host an open house or have private showings, you’ll want to clean your home deep and stage it. Once the house is ready for showing, make sure you take professional photos to have them for when you create a listing.
- Start a Home Listing – One of the best and cheapest ways to list your home for sale is to advertise it using your social media pages, like Facebook. You can also list it on other sites like Craigslist. For a flat fee of around$400 to $500, you can be included in the MLS and expand your reach.
- Be Responsive – When people contact you, be responsive and upfront about your expectations about selling your home. If you’re not willing to take this step seriously, hiring a real estate agent will be worth it to you for this part.
- Negotiations – Both buyers and sellers in the housing market should expect there to be some negotiations. When an offer is made, only take a day or two to make your decision.
- Get a Real Estate Attorney – If you’re not using a real estate agent, you’re likely not using a real estate broker, so an attorney is a must to create and go over the contract terms.
- Close on the Deal – This last step is all about receiving your money and signing papers.
Already Have a Seller Lined Up
When you’re selling your home without a realtor, you’ll typically take a significant hit on your listing commission because you’ll take more responsibility and risk. But it can be worth it in the end if you already have someone in mind to buy your house. Maybe a friend or family member is interested in buying your home; well, you’re in luck! You’re now able to skip quite a few steps. At this point, all you have to do is deal with negotiations, closing on the home, and moving onto your next adventure! You should still hire a real estate lawyer to draw up the terms of the contract.
Sell Your Home to A Home Buyer
If your goal is to sell your home as fast as possible but selling your home without a realtor is what you prefer, a local home buying company is the way to go. Most home buying businesses will offer cash for your home; you can close on the house in as little as a week, which is four weeks faster than the national average closing time. The process is simple, contact the company and let them know you’re interested in receiving an offer. They’ll evaluate your home and make a cash offer. Within no time, you’ll be at the closing table, ready to sell your house in record time.
Clear Water Investing Buys Homes for Cash
Clear Water Investing wants to buy your house! If you plan on selling your home without a realtor, we will buy your house with cash at a fair market price, and we’ll close on the deal on your idea timeframe. If you’re trying to sell your home fast in Greenville, South Carolina, we’ve got you covered. Get in touch with us today to learn more about our process and to get your full-cash offer!